On Dec 3, I turned 40. I don't feel like I'm that old, more like 25-30. It was an uneventful day as most of our house was feeling low with long colds. We had a birthday party on Saturday with some new friends and their kids. We had a good meal, cooked by Ian, of course, along with some fun games. We played Pictionary and Ian and I came in 2nd out of 3 couples. The kids played together or played video games. Instead of a birthday cake, we had cupcakes that everyone could decorate themselves.
We attended a Christmas Play this Saturday titled, Two from Galilee. It was the story of how Mary & Joseph ended up together and their eventual journey to Bethlehem for the birth of Jesus and then their escape to Egypt to escape Herrod. Then on Sunday, we went to a kids production. The preschoolers played handbells, luckily there was background music to cover their many mistakes. The older kids did a small show on choosing the Christmas program and then choosing to do "The Real Story of Christmas" (the birth of Jesus). Then the youth group did a modern version of the Christmas Carol. I loved their interpretation of the 3 Christmas spirits.
Christmas wishes to you as we all get ready to celebrate the birth of Jesus this holiday season.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment