Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Little Monkey

Rachael has learned a new trick - she's learned to be a little monkey and climb out of her crib. Last night while I was doing laundry, all of sudden I heard her little voice saying, "I can't find my binky." I thought daddy had gone into her, but then he called out asking where I was. She just used her feet against the wood sides and shimmied right out. She was pretty quiet and didn't fall because there was no loud thump. Then this morning, I was still in bed and daddy was just finished getting dressed and there she was again, coming into our bedroom. I had the monitor on next to me and she didn't even call out to let us know she was awake and again no thump. She came in our room and said, "In a few minutes, I wake up." She's very funny in how she says things.

So needless to say, I have to convert her crib to a toddler bed today. She's excited about being a big girl now, now that she is 27 months old.

Her big Sissy will be helping me convert it today as she doesn't have school today because of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

No comments: