Well it still definitely winter here. I sent my 7 year old out to the bus in negative 11 temperatures. Brrrr!
I have been busy with many things these past few months. Most of my time has been spent on getting everything ready for the accountant to do our taxes. That means taking a physical inventory of my Mary Kay product. (www.robynwithmarykay.blogspot.com for 40% off items & www.marykay.com/robyndrucker for new products) Plus going through receipts & getting them totaled up for annual expenses. That is finally done & all off to the accountant.
I also learned how to can food. I canned nectarines, apples, chicken and 4 kinds of jam. I plan to can soups and beans too & more next fall after all the harvests.
Most nights while my hubby is watching TV, I join him on the couch, but I pick up my knitting. So far this winter, I have made felted clog slippers for my mom, step-dad, my hubby, my girls & myself. I also knit & felted a striped sweater jacket for my 2 year old. Now my 7 year old wants one too, but in all different blue stripes. I will gladly make anyone a pair of slippers. The yarn is $26 for an adult pair of slippers. I haven't yet figured out what to charge above that for my time, but it will probably be $10 to start. Should you want a pair, I just need to know your shoe size and if you want your slippers to be one or two colors.
With the snow, I've gotten exercise shoveling. Some of the piles on the sides of the driveway are getting too high to throw new snow over. Hoping it will warm up soon & melt those piles. As much as I love the look of the snow, I am dreaming of warm weather. By warm, I mean I'd take 40 degrees right now & love it! Crazy how below zero weather makes you think 40 is warm. hahaha
My hubby & I have also joined Facebook and found friends from high school, college, summer camps and family members too. It's been so much fun to reconnect with people we have not spoken to in about 20 years.
I'm enjoying taking a small break from typing this to watch my 2 year old dance her ballet. She loves to jump & twirl. I guess that means it's time to find a class for her.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment